Hair Benefits of Pumpkin Seed Oil: Most of the hair oil products are created with women as the reference point and it is not rocket science to understand why it is so, simply because women have long hair generally, and with that comes hair problems too but pumpkin seed oil works wonders for men’s hair. The benefits of pumpkin seed oil for hair especially men’s hair are miraculous. Plant-based oils have gained quite a huge reputation recently, there are many health and wellness factors related to them like healthy fats.
In 2014 a study was done on a small group of men which found that those who took pumpkin seed oil supplements saw a significant increase in hair growth than those who were given the placebo. Now there isn’t a 100% guarantee that it will definitely help tackle the male baldness issue as such because in that research there were other elements besides pumpkin seed oil present in those supplements too. But that doesn’t mean that there aren’t any benefits of pumpkin seed oil for hair. It still is a rich source of many essential nutrients that can help tackle hair issues both in men and women.
This article will cover some of those benefits of pumpkin seed oil for hair and how you can use it for your benefit. Just keep in mind that it takes time for any product to start showing its results so don’t lose hope if you don’t see any positive effect after the first initial use.
Hair Benefits of Pumpkin Seed Oil
- First of all, it is important to know how to use pumpkin seed oil for hair, there are two ways you can either take pumpkin seed oil supplements or you can take the pumpkin oil directly too.
- Pumpkin Seed Oil can assist with mood swings and ward off depression majorly in kids and adults, it has certain compounds in it which when offers to help you get happy thoughts and ward off stress.
- Pumpkin seed oil can really help men with hair growth, studies have shown if a man takes 400 mg of pumpkin seed oil every day for 24 weeks they will surely see an increase in their hair growth.
- Pumpkin seed oil is a rich powerhouse of proteins, healthy fats, and some very essential micronutrients which the human body loves and adores and hair really really love. When we think of power foods we think about chia seeds, nuts, walnuts but we often forget about pumpkin seed oil which can be a really wondrous product for the hair.
- The pumpkin seed oil contains omega 3s, zinc, phytosterol, Vitamin E, K which promote collagen growth which is really beneficial for hair. This is one of the biggest benefits of pumpkin seed oil it is a natural healthy ingredient that promotes collagen growth.
- It also acts as a natural moisturizer or hair and nourishes the hair follicles and promotes hair growth and volume.
- Pumpkin seed oil can be allergic so do check before using it. Now that we have listed some of the benefits it is also important to know how to use it so you can get all the benefits of pumpkin seed oil for hair.
How to use Pumpkin seed oil for hair
As a Hair Mask:- Take one cup of canned or cooked pumpkin pure, 3 to 4 tbsp of coconut oil, 1 tbsp of jojoba oil. Put all the ingredients in a blender blend for a couple of minutes till you get a creamy consistent texture. You can use it as a hair conditioner after shampoo, apply it to your hair and keep your hair covered for 30 minutes. Rinse with water.
You can also use pumpkin seed oil as a deep conditioner. Take 1 tbsp of pumpkin seed oil, ½ cup of apple puree, 1 tbsp of shea butter, and one egg. Blend all these ingredients together except the egg, whisk the egg separately, and then add to the mixture. Stir till you get a consistent texture. Apply the mixture on freshly washed hair keep it on for 20-25 minutes then rinse.
Pumpkin seed oil can be really beneficial for your hair but it takes time to show its effects so be patient try it a couple of times and you will start seeing the benefits.
Stay tuned with Trendy Keeda for more Lifestyle articles.