Steaming is one of the easiest and most popular DIY skin treatments anyone can do at their home. Facial steam does wonders to the skin when done correctly. It can cover up for your missed spa treatment appointments. One of the biggest benefits of face steam is that it can be easily replicated by anybody if they follow the correct procedure.
Facial steam has been part of the beauty regime for a long time now, it can rejuvenate and refresh the skin doing away with the dullness. There are many ways to take benefits of face steam, a simple pot of hot water can do the trick it’s that easy. You can also add lemon, salt, dried herbs, or some essential oils into the water for some added benefits if you like. Vapors in the steam speed up the removal of dead skin cells from the top layer of the skin exposing the fresh skin cells hidden underneath which gives your face the glow.
This article will cover some of the benefits of facial steams, and also the correct procedure of steaming your face.
- What are the Benefits of Fenugreek Seeds for Hair Growth 2022
- 7 Best Hair Benefits of Pumpkin Seed Oil
Let’s begin with the process of steaming, and how to prepare good steam for your face.
Step by step for steaming your face
- Take a pot fill it with water and keep it on the stove until it starts boiling.
- While the water is boiling you have to make sure that your face is clean of all the dirt, pollution, or any makeup. Use a wet wipe to clean your face thoroughly.
- Once the water comes to a boil you can turn off the stove and take the pot off it
- For a more soothing and effective steaming session add a few drops of any essential oil in the water, you can also add some green tea or mint leaves for the cool soothing effect.
- It’s time to start steaming your face, take a towel, and cover your face as well as the pot in a way that steam doesn’t escape from the chamber. Bend down towards the pot and start the steaming session, 10-12 minutes should be enough to get the maximum benefits from the session.
- Following this process will help you get the maximum benefits you can from steaming. Your skin will thank you for all the benefits of the face steam.
Does anybody need to be cautious?
While steam works well for most people, there are some people who should avoid it. For example, anybody with extremely dry or sensitive skin may not get as many benefits of face steam compared to others. Steaming dilates the blood vessels and increases redness on the face that’s why anybody who has rosacea should also stay away from the idea of steaming their face as the redness can make rosacea look much worse.
Let’s get to the main focus of this article i.e. listing some of the benefits of face steam.
Benefits of Face Steam
- Steaming leads to an increase in perspiration which further leads to the dilation of blood vessels and increases the circulation of blood and oxygen to your face. This increase in blood circulation gives your face that natural healthy glow.
- Steaming hydrates your skin, the vapors in the steam penetrate the skin and clear out the dirt from the skin, and hydrate the skin evenly and properly.
- Benefits of face steam include the opening of pores and getting rid of acne, when your pores are opened it releases all the dead skin cells, dirt, and all the other impurities clogging the pores and when finally the pores get cleaned you get relief from the acne.
- Steaming can leave a calming sensation on your face, studies have shown that people have felt a lot less stressed after a steaming session. Steaming can help relieve stress.
- Steaming can help detox your face from all the dirt, pollution, and toxins. Steam causes sweat and sweat wash all the dirt and toxins out from your skin.
- Steaming also helps with the products you use for skincare, steam increases the permeability of the skin allowing for better absorption of skincare products when applied after the steam.
- Steaming leads to an increase in the production of collagen and elastin in the skin, increased blood flow due to steam leads to an increase in the production of collagen and elastin making the skin firmer and more youthful.
- As you can read there are many benefits of face steam, just it correctly, make sure you aren’t allergic or sensitive skin type. Once a week or in 10 days should be good enough. Be careful though it involves hot water, be careful.